« Home | Ticketing "Pre-Sales" » | SuperOyster wins 3rd Place! » | Website and Advisory Board » | First Official Customer! » | Peter T. Brown here, Head of Web Development at Su... » | Alpha feedback » | You too can play with our code » | Ticketmaster validates our assumptions » | Alpha is RELEASED! » | Alpha is here! » 

Thursday, November 16, 2006 

Financing Fourm

Another day on the road for SuperOyster. I’m on another plane right now, heading out to the East Coast to meet with a couple east coast professional sports teams about our great platform.

I spent the last 2 days at the Vancouver Financing Forum in BC, where I swear animals were lining up two by two looking for the ark. I haven’t seen it rain that much in a very long time.

Now on to the forum – this event was really targeted at later stage companies who were looking for large Series B investment, so SuperOyster was a little out of place. Most companies were focused on biotech and IT so, it felt a bit stodgy. I decided to play it up a little and do something different. I went out and bought a Toronto Maple Leaf’s hockey jersey the day before. As you know, the Leaf’s have a 10+ year season ticket waiting list, and is probably the most popular hockey team in the world. I wore the jersey for the entire forum, even during my presentation. It was fairly well received, but I did have a bunch a people give me grief for wearing it.  Anyway, we made a great number of contacts at the meeting, but it wasn’t as good of a forum as we had hoped. Above all though, I did have fun wearing the jersey – really, honest I’m not a Maple Leaf’s fan. (

More updates as things happen…just got word that it’s raining in NYC as well. Ugh.